When having a child we experience so many new and exciting moments that fill us with such joy. There is nothing more encouraging then when a child develops in a healthy way and we know we are a part of it. We have compiled a list of some of the most memorable and special milestones that you should record – you won’t regret it!
- Even though the first few months can be a blur of feeding and changing nappies, when the child reaches 3 months you can see the first glimpses of a smile. This event will warm any mother’s heart as you know a character is developing and some super cute baby photos are in the making!
- Around your child’s first birthday it will become quite the explorer and some serious baby proofing will be in order. As the wobbles turn into walking get that camera out and capture this occasion – you will be one proud parent. Not to mention by 18 months they are using several single words, this can be adorable as they are still figuring things out. Who knows, your child could be the next YouTube sensation.
- As your child reaches pre-school they can interact more with other kids and show more emotion and empathy to their friends. It is immensely special to see them form friendships and engage in games as their motor skills improve. As a parent it makes you happy to see your children happy so document these times and keep these fond memories.
- The first sports match is always a proud moment for a parent, getting to cheer them on and encourage their determination. It’s a momentous day as kids learn the concept of winning and losing, being competitive and being a good sport, all elements that prepare us for life.
- Everyone has to have those awkward childhood pics where you don’t have any front teeth. In these times you start to realise your child is growing up quickly as they not only grow out of their clothes but grow out of their baby teeth! Document the process, it’s always good for a laugh later on in life.
These are just a few of the major milestones that children go through, the list really could go on. However, we just want to encourage you to always be aware of these precious times, it goes way too quickly!