8 tips to protect your children and to travel safely:
- Always use a car seat (seat belts are only advisable if the child is 36kg or heavier).
- The choice of the car seat should always be evaluated on the basis of the weight of the child.
- Ensure that the seat is installed correctly according to the instruction manual and remember to keep the booklet should you require it again in the future.
- Children should always get in and out of the car from the pavement side. Therefore it is preferable to have the car seat on the left hand side of your vehicle.
- During your journey, do not unbuckle belts, even temporarily. Do not remove your baby from the seat for any reason whatsoever.
- If your child is crying or if you need to feed or change him, rather pull over.
- Always deactivate airbags in the vicinity of the car seat where your baby is positioned.
- Pack some toys to keep your baby entertained or distracted. You don’t want a fidgeting child to distract you while you are trying to focus on the road.
Browse our full range of Chicco car seats.