Being a women is no easy feat…we are constantly trying to balance beauty, brains, being a mom, a wife, being successful in the workplace, a chef and the list could go on…
Most of us worry about our weight before we’ve had a baby too, so trying to lose the baby weight and maintain a healthy lifestyle after having a baby can be a nightmare!
Try our tips for finding time for fitness after having a baby;
- It’s all about saving time in the other areas of your life so that you are making time to set aside for exercise. The areas you could save time in, include cooking. Try cooking more than you need and freeze a couple of extra portions for those days where you run out of time or are feeling too exhausted to cook a nutritious meal.
- You just need to type “exercise with baby” into Pinterest or Google to see the many exercises out there for moms, but these are often not right for you as an individual and can be overwhelming too. The key is to listen to your body. Ideally you were active before and during pregnancy (this will make it easier to lose the weight) but if not, you just need to take it slow and steady – we don’t all have personal trainers like Heidi Klum to kick us into “Victoria’s Secret” shape!
- Once you feel ready or get the itch to start exercising again, try joining a group, club or signing up for a class. Make sure that this is scheduled into your diary and is kept like an appointment or business meeting that can’t be moved. This way you will make time to exercise and this also requires less motivation from your side – the instructor does most of the prep and work for you!
- Work exercise into everyday activities for additional calorie burning! Push your pram briskly through the grocery store or shops or even better use a baby carrier (carrying your little one in one of these can help you burn up to 200 calories per hour)!
- Go for a run with your baby! Babies are comforted my movement or vibration so pop your little one in your pram (the Chicco Activ 3 Pram is ideal for active parents) and go for a run whilst babysitting.
Key points to remember if you are exercising after having your baby:
- Be aware that your back and core abdominal muscles are weaker than they used to be. It is therefore easier to injure yourself doing simple movements such as stretching or picking things up.
- If you are doing too much or pushing yourself too quickly your body will let you know – you will feel run down and experience fatigue…it’s time to slow down a bit!
- Making time for exercise or to lose your excess baby weight may be more important than you think! Keeping your weight under control cuts your risk of type 2 diabetes, coronary heart disease and even some cancers!
For more tips or baby articles, visit the Chicco Blog now!
Like the Pram in the image above?